[The topic for this post was chosen for a reason. Since this is my 400th post on this blog. I decided to put a little bit more time and thoughts into it and have it posted on 1/11/11.]
Life is a journey. On this journey we learn many lessons. It’s a great idea for each of us to take a moment and reflect on what we have learned. We have learned a lot and we have a lot to share with each other. We still have a lot to learn. Sharing what we have learned so far and learning from others help us grow and live a better live.
I rarely read a book twice. One book I did read twice several years ago was Hal Urban’s “Life’s Greatest Lessons: 20 Things that Matter.” I just love to read life lessons others have learned and to share.
Recently after reading 22 Things I Wish I Had Known Earlier In My Life by Abubakar Jamil and some other posts in his Life Lessons Series, I thought about some lessons I learned on my life’s journey. I was inspired to write this post.
Here are 10+ life lessons I have learned or I am still learning.
- Knowledge does not worth much if I just keep it in my mind and don’t put it in my action and apply it to my life. Doing is definitely a lot harder than knowing.
- I am a spirit with a soul who is having a human experience. What I can see is temporary, but what I cannot see is eternal and more important.
- We don’t need a lot in life. We don’t have to be perfectly made or perfectly looking. What we really need in life is to have a heart of contentment and gratitude, to know that we are wonderfully made and to find the purpose God has for us. Read Being content.
- Life is more than success. Finding meaning in life is a life long learning and searching process.
- Life is a balancing act. Finding balance in mind, body and spirit is vitally important to live a life of health and well-being.
- If I pay attention and be mindful, I can learn important lessons in all circumstances, in successes or failures, or in simple daily activities such as gardening. Read Lessons, garden style.
- Ask and you shall receive. I have done some fundraising in the last few years. I am often surprised by how easy it is to get what I ask for if I just take the time and have the courage to ask.
- Each of us speaks a certain language in order to understand and be understood. Each of us also has a love language. Learning the five love language is important in order to love and be loved the best we can.
- There is power in the written word. Take the time to write a letter or note to express your gratitude, best wishes, regrets, forgiveness, etc.
- Don’t blindly trust any doctor or financial advisor. Only you have your best interest in mind.
- Everyone is normal till you get to know them. The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.
- and more