Today I finished reading Nick Bunick’s book Time for Truth that I recently found on the New Book Shelf at the local public library.
Time for Truth is definitely an interesting and mind-opening book. It will make you think of the Catholic Church and Christianity in a new or different way.
The author talks about several wrongdoings by the early Christian leaders, mostly to control the lives of their followers by instilling fear and guilt in them and to maintain their power and control:
- Distort the teachings of Jesus and turn words of love into words of fear
- Create the concept of original sins
- Invent hell, Satan and sinners
- Make believe that the Jewish people were responsible for the death of Jesus
- Make believe that we are responsible for the death of Jesus and place the burden of guilt on God’ children, for we are all sinners
- Remove writings about reincarnation from the Bible
- Remove the important roles women played in the early church
- Only men could hold positions of leadership and they must remain single and celibate
I am not in the position to judge the truthfulness of “Time for Truth.” But it certainly gave me something to think about and made me think things a little differently.